Monday, July 9, 2012

Support Your Schools One Code At A Time


I wanted to share with you how easy it is to make a difference in your community and show support for your local schools...with the help of a program called My Coke Rewards. I'm sure many of you have noticed on coke products there are codes on either the packaging or in the lids. Those codes can be collected and redeemed for school supplies or athletic equipment for the registered school of your choice. If your school isn't already registered, sign up to be a coordinator! I did!

Anyone who knows me well, knows that my mind is always goin' a 100mph...always thinkin' of ways to save $, always thinkin' of ways to reuse/recycle/donate, and always tryin' to find ways to help others by whatever means I can, most times for little or no cost. Thinking outside the box, turning nothing into something...it's an entertaining challenge sometimes!

My latest venture, was finding a way for our local Little League to give back to the community by showing support to the families that help support us. I came across the My Coke Rewards for Schools program and a light bulb turned on...I thought to myself, I'm in charge of Concessions this year for North Mason Little League and we're gonna be selling ALOT of coke products in there! I can collect all the codes and redeem them for one of our local schools...so that's what I did. I chose the school my sons go to, contacted the principal, and asked for permission to sign up as the coordinator. This year I only collected codes from our Concessions and our home, but for next year, the principal has asked me to get our student's parents involved too and really see what kind of reward pts we can rack up!

Our active baseball season came to a close last night with the ending of All Stars, and our grand total Coke Reward pts was 797! At the request of our principal, I redeemed the pts for school supplies for the classrooms....and to benefit the most students, I opted to redeem the pts for pencils. Lots of pencils...132 to be exact, 11 (12 ct) pks of HB #2 pencils will be arriving at our school in 2-4 weeks!

It didn't cost our league any $ to benefit/donate to a school in our area, we were going to be selling the coke products anyways...but now, one of our schools will benefit from it and COMMUNITY SUPPORT COMES FULL CIRCLE. If you're interested in doing something similar for your kids' school or local community check out this website below and it'll explain everything you need to know on how to get started. It doesn't have to cost you a thing to make a difference!!

http://www.mycokerewards.com/mcrSchools.do?tab=1

No comments: