Monday, December 19, 2011

Garden Patch Bread Recipe

Today...I tried a new recipe from Better Homes and Gardens: The Complete Guide To Bread Machine Baking, in hopes of finding more ways to get veggies into my kids' bellies!

Garden Patch Bread
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup coarsely shredded carrots (I did finely shredded instead)
1/3 cup tomato juice
2 tbsp coarsely chopped green bell pepper (I diced my peppers so they were smaller, less noticeable)
2 tbsp sliced green onions (I used diced regular onions, they're clear & less noticeable)
1 tbsp margarine, butter or cooking oil (I used margarine)
3 cups bread flour (I used non-bleached all purpose flour)
1 tsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp dried basil, crushed
1 tsp active dry yeast or bread machine yeast

This recipe is for the 1 1/2 lb loaf (20 slices) and I made the dough in my bread machine and then once the dough was done, I lightly greased my 9x5x4 bread pan on the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides...placed the dough in the pan, covered and let it rise one more time for about 20 min. Baked @ 350 for 45 min. Here's the result:

Garden Patch Bread

 `

No comments: